• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Excel Pivot Table

I need to sort data (say by decending) in each sub-group in the table. But I couldn't figure out how to do it ...I've try Sort and Top 10 in PivotTable Toolbar, but it turens out that I can only do it manually.:smt100:smt100

Pivot tables

Yan
Indeed pivot table is an excellent tool to sort and manipulate data. If you want to automate certain task in pivot table, you could write a macro for that. The best way would be to record a macro for the action you want to automate and then customize that macro accordingly.
In case you need any help with this, you can message me.

Sandeep

Have a look at the third video named "Useful features of pivot tables", which deals with sorting and filtering pivot tables, on the following address (it gives some good demonstrations of this issue):

pivot table

Back