FE oriented C++ book for a beginner

Try "C++ Programming: An Introduction" by Michael McMillan and "Numerical Methods in Finance with C++" by Capinski and Zastawniak.

Try "C++ Programming: An Introduction" by Michael McMillan

Don't.
From the sample:
http://www.profmcmillan.com/sample1.pdf said:
That last word is “end ell”, not “end 1”, but many beginning C++ programmers mistake the “ell” for a “1”, and it causes the next thing to be printed to start on a new line. In other words, it forces the compiler to perform a newline command.

http://www.profmcmillan.com/cppintro.html

Wow. This is confusing (and confused) on so many levels it's actually impressive.
So, my take from this is as follows: number "1" forces the compiler to do something with a line printer (those things have a "newline command", right?) which apparently is a common mistake among beginners :D

Besides, this is off-topic, OP asked about a C++ book, this definitely ain't no C++:
Code:
int main(<System::String ^> args)

Try "C++ Programming: An Introduction" by Michael McMillan and "Numerical Methods in Finance with C++" by Capinski and Zastawniak.

Hey..
Do you think that i can start with Capinski when i have no expierence with c++ (only 150 hours C).

I will start in december with a c++ tutorial, but dont know what i should do until then.
Or should i just learn math?
I am in second bachelor Finance/math semester, but i have now 5 months no math or statistics :-/

Do you think that i can start with Capinski when i have no expierence with c++ (only 150 hours C).

The authors claim no C++ prereq is required and glancing at the contents of the book I believe them: they'll teach you the necessary parts as you go along. If you want something to accompany the book try Allain's recent Jumping into C++.

The authors claim no C++ prereq is required and glancing at the contents of the book I believe them: they'll teach you the necessary parts as you go along. If you want something to accompany the book try Allain's recent Jumping into C++.
Thank you!
I will start next days so i can give a feed back for beginners

Edit://
Jumping into C++ ist a very very good book for beginner, thank you a lot!
Second one, is little bit too difficult for me, i have to refresh my math skills :)

Last edited:
Back