• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Few algorithms in quant finance - short writeup

Hi all,

I created a short LaTeX write-up, describing some algorithms used in mathematical finance and their C++ implementation. Perhaps, you might find it to be a good read, if you are starting out like me.

Just feel free to like, share or critique and I am open to all.

- Quasar

Attachments

• Lattice models.pdf
    788.1 KB · Views: 134
Nice stuff, Quasar. Some ideas

1. std:;array<> is fixed/limited, use std::vector
2. The if-else C/P test should be at main() level, not embedded in CRR etc. (AFAIR I mentioned this already somewhere down the tracks?)
3. Payoff() should be a global function (pointer)
4. loops, use std::size_ (unsigned)
5. namespace always, std::exp. std::pow,..
6. Accuracy tests against exact, quasi-exact solutions.

7. Code review and improvement. Next version.
8. Classes are top-heavy .. too many member data ==> not SRP, maintenance problem

At some stage software systems need to be maintained. Up-front functional decomposition is very good. This is the technique used in Baruch Advanced C++ course. The technique is language-independent.

Attachments

• MC Application.pdf
    737 KB · Views: 35
Back