• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Finance Masters in US

Hello All,

I'm leaning towards doing an MFin (as oppposed to an MFE) and I was wondering what types of jobs people from this background are taking up? Is there much of a demand for MFin students in roles outside of investment banking?

I've also noticed the lack of well-known MFin programs in the US, and was wondering why this is. There's Princeton, and then there's the rest. Chicago, Stanford, Harvard, Wharton and Kellogg all have propects for creating excellent programs (not to mention profit) but they don't seem to have gotten in to the game.
In the UK for example, there's a slew of top programs I can choose from (Imperial, Cambridge, Oxford, LSE) but since my preference is to live in NYC, I trying to get in to a US program.

On that note, are there any UK alumnis working in NYC who can comment about the feasibility of securing a job in NYC whilst studying in London?

Back