• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Financial Econometrics & Excel Books Recommendation

BUD

Please recommend me some basic to intermediate level financial econometrics & excel modeling books. So I can understand econometrics as well modeling econometrics using excel.

Thank you for your help!

Hi BUD.
Essentials of Econometrics

As far as the modeling goes... I'd suggest learning SAS programming rather than modeling it in Excel. Learning SAS would drastically simplify any coding you would have to do from scratch. You can get a free SAS license if you're a student.

Good luck!

learn R. It's free. there are tons of books about R and Econometrics/Financial Econometrics/Financial Timeseries.

Can't argue with the R comment. But I've seen SAS all over the place on job qualifications.

Econometrics: Wooldridge. decent intro book.
Excel: Issac Gottlieb. This is a general Excel book not one specific to Econometrics. Covers Regression, Statistical tools and lot more about excel in general.

Back