• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

First gig in quant finance

Hi all,

I’m entering MFE this fall and plan on looking for a job/internship. What would be desireable tasks, activities, or responsibilities for a entry level position to look and apply for? I’ve had data science/programming internships before but nothing finance related.

Thoughts?

Hi all,

I’m entering MFE this fall and plan on looking for a job/internship. What would be desirable tasks, activities, or responsibilities for a entry level position to look and apply for? I’ve had data science/programming internships before but nothing finance related.

Thoughts?

Go through 20+ distinct listings https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/searc...Id=92000000&keywords=quant&location=Worldwide Find the one asking for the most, and the one asking for the least. That'll give you an idea of the distribution.

Your finance experience is you schooling. Since you have no prior experience there, getting grasp of the basics will be important. However, don't let your datasci/analysis and programming skills get rusty. It' snot "knowledge of finance" these places are worried about.

Back