• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Princeton MFin FRM helps?

Hi, I just got certified for FRM. Would it be helpful for applying princeton mfin? Or would they think that it was unnecessary to apply for a master program if you were an FRM already? What do they value most? Thanks.

I don't think FRM would hurt your chances in applying to MFin.
Thanks. Do you know what they value most? I saw the CV of their students. It seems most of them were fresh grad with excellent intern experience. Will someone with two or more years wp like me have a higher or lower chance?

We live in a world of excess. Having extra credentials won't hurt your chances, in fact it should aid you in getting admitted. I think you should go ahead and apply.

Thanks. Do you know what they value most? I saw the CV of their students. It seems most of them were fresh grad with excellent intern experience. Will someone with two or more years wp like me have a higher or lower chance?

I'm not entirely sure what they value the most, since every school is different. Based on their core courses they cover pretty basic quant material. There are too many variables in an application to speculate on whether you'll have a higher or lower chance of getting in. But ceteris paribus, you should be better off with relevant professional experience and FRM.

We live in a world of excess. Having extra credentials won't hurt your chances, in fact it should aid you in getting admitted. I think you should go ahead and apply.
Thank you. Do you know what kind of students they prefer? Fresh grad or more experienced?

I'm not entirely sure what they value the most, since every school is different. Based on their core courses they cover pretty basic quant material. There are too many variables in an application to speculate on whether you'll have a higher or lower chance of getting in. But ceteris paribus, you should be better off with relevant professional experience and FRM.
Thanks a lot. I will take your advice. :)

Have a look at this link, it would clear all of your doubts:

FAQs - FAQs - Bendheim Center for Finance - Princeton University

They have mentioned that candidates with work experience would have a 'significant edge' in the admission process.
Yeah, Thanks. I have looked through this page. I have also seen the CV of current students, and I found that most of them only had internship before admitted. So I wonder if they prefer fresh grad with excellent internship or full time wp.

Yeah, Thanks. I have looked through this page. I have also seen the CV of current students, and I found that most of them only had internship before admitted. So I wonder if they prefer fresh grad with excellent internship or full time wp.

No one except the Princeton admission office is going to know if that's true. If their admission office haven't stated publicly that they prefer fresh grads, none of us here would know. I really think you're over thinking this.

No one except the Princeton admission office is going to know if that's true. If their admission office haven't stated publicly that they prefer fresh grads, none of us here would know. I really think you're over thinking this.
You are right. Maybe I should not consider that much. Just do my best.

Back