• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

General Careers Question: Small Growing Firm

I have a general question about how an individual would go about meeting others looking to join a small firm. I started my own firm and have grown to the point that I would like to start to diversify by partnering with individuals who can bring in (automated or non-automated) strategies that are outside the scope of what I do within the equities space.

Has anyone else tried this and if so what has worked? I have advertised and it was a disaster. I've met a few head hunters and that was also a disaster. I'm looking to create demand but because I'm so small word of mouth is going to take a while.

How can I generate demand where people will want to come to me with an idea but need capital/backing/programming, etc.?

Thx - I posted this in careers because it's close. Admins/Mods I didn't mention my firm, etc. because I'm not trying to spam for job postings - just asking a question hoping someone with experience will chime in.

Thx again.
Tom

Back