• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

GMM in EVIEWS

Hi Guys!

I am trying to get the parameters of interest models using GMM. For example, for the CIR model, I used the method described by Chan et. al. in a 1992 paper (see attachment). I implemented the GMM estimation on actual daily 1-mo T-bills from 2002 to 2009. I am getting values for alpha, beta and gamma but with very low t-statistics. The p-values are very high. What could this mean?

Regards,
Emmanuel

Attachments

• 10.1.1.139.6302.pdf
    473.3 KB · Views: 179
This could be caused by heteroskedasticity. In Eviews when you calculate parameters using GMM you can weigh the matrix by ticking the Cross Section box(White covariance matrix).
The software will estimate parameters weighting them according to the variance in the time series and this should lower their p-values.
However, should not that be the case you could try to smooth the series perhaps eliminating extreme values that make the variance go crazy.
hope this helps

www.hypervolatility.com

Back