• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Go for MFE after Engineering PhD

Hi,

I have PhD in engineering from a non top university in Singapore. After working in a research institute for 2 years after graduation, I feel very boring. My PhD was focused on computational mechanics, and I did modeling and simulation works (mainly finite element method by C). So I wanted to move to quantitative finance.
I self studied some financial knowledge including stochastic calculus and Hull's book. I also took FRM I and passed it. I am doing the programing projects in Mark's book in C++. I also sent out some resumes, but poorly don't get even one single interview.
So I am wondering to take a MFE degree. I am hoping to take a MFE in Singapore. NTU, NUS or UChicago are the possibilities.
What I want to get advice is:
1). Is it possible for my background to secure a quant job after the MFE in Singapore or HongKong?
2). I am 28 already. Is it too late to change my career to finance ?
3). Which program is better in MFE? NTU, NUS or U of Chicago Singapore?

Thanks for your time.

Back