• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Good UK MFE programs

Hi, I'm a current final year undergrad student. I wish to apply of Master of Financial Engineering programs in UK. As there are pretty many rankings for US unis while none for UK. I wish to get some advice which UK programs are suitable for me if i want to become a quant?

For Imperial College, I know there is one Master in Mathematics and Finance under Math school, and one Master in Risk Management and FE under business school. Which one do you think is more recoginized from IB front offices points of view?

Also for LSE, would you suggest it ? which program is good ?

Thank you very much.

Cesc - I hear Warwick business school is very good, I don't know though if they offer a MFE course though. Have you checked Cambridge as well?

I would have though LSE is a good bet. The UoL which LSE is a part of also offers courses via the International programme if you want to study part time whilst working.

I don't believe Cambridge has an MFE, but their masters of finance is 2 years and they offer many quant electives.

Check out: Oxford, Cambridge, LSE, Imperial, City University London (Cass business school), Warwick. You generally want a brand name or something close to London.

I think OXFORD MFE is quite well. no any info about LSE.
BTW, ICMA in Reading University has MFE program and its former director is Neftic who was so inspired in industry and academic field. I think ICMA is a good choice regardless of the rank of Reading University

what's your degree in ?

Hi Dominic, I'm electrical engineering background. I wanna become quant after grad (hopefully). Could you please give me some advice which program should i go to ?

there are 2 programs in Imperial College, which one would you suggest?

Cesc - I hear Warwick business school is very good, I don't know though if they offer a MFE course though. Have you checked Cambridge as well?

I would have though LSE is a good bet. The UoL which LSE is a part of also offers courses via the International programme if you want to study part time whilst working.

Wow, yes. Cambridge does have one. But it is Master of Finance.

Btw, which program in LSE would you suggest? Master of Finance or Master of Finance and Econs ?

Back