• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Google is top pick as employer

Google or Wall Street, where do you prefer to work?

• Google

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Wall Street

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters
If you have a choice between Google and Wall Street, where do you prefer to work? (Take our poll above)

If your answer is Google, you are not alone. Universum, a research firm in Stockholm surveyed more than 130,000 business and engineering students in 12 major global markets on where they dream of working.

The top 4 accounting firms round out the top 5.

Google Tops Grad Picks for Top Employers - BusinessWeek

This makes sense to me. I live very close to their Mountain View campus, and know a few people that work there.
From everything I hear, it's a great place to work.
But would they have many quant openings? I don't think so.

If you have a choice between Google and Wall Street, where do you prefer to work?

I think that's actually a tough question to answer unless one has actually worked at both places. Without having worked at both places, your "understanding" of what its like to work at the other place is likely to be to impacted heavily by rumors and a lot of "...my roommate's brother's neighbor works at Google/Wall Street and I heard that...."

Back