• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Google or Optiver?

Should I commit to Google or Optiver?

• Google

• Optiver

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just got full time offers from Google (software engineer) and Optiver (quantitative trader). I was interviewing at Jane Street but I got so nervous at the onsite I started making dumb mistakes. I honestly cried in my hotel room for a good 30 mins because I studied so hard for Jane Street and I knew till the end my interviews were flawless. My goal is to work at one of the big firms in a few years (Jane Street, Jump Trading, D. E. Shaw, Two Sigma) after I get some full-time experience.

If my goal is one of the firms I mentioned above should I go to Google as a software engineer or Optiver as a quantitative trader? I know Optiver is a great firm and I will make a lot more money but I rather lose in the short run and gain the technical skills at Google if that is more valuable to firms.

Thank you for all your help in advance.

your call really, dont go by what people say to do. its trading vs software development. obv trading is risky and has more upside but google would likely be more stable in long term. In the end, its a personal choice.

Back