Greetings!

• Thread starter Thread starter kberta
  • Start date Start date
Hi everybody!

I've been poking around the forum for months now and finally decided to go ahead and register so that I can take part in the discussions as well as receive advice and answers from the very knowledgeable QuantNetwork community.

I'm a recent UC Berkeley graduate (undergrad in economics, 2008), who has had some experience in proprietary trading in San Francisco, and is currently enrolled in Berkeley's MFE program pre req course titled "Mathematical Foundations for Financial Engineering". My background in math isn't very extensive (college level calculus and statistics) but i'm very motivated and have good mathematical intuition. I'm seeking to begin a career in quantitative finance since I very much enjoyed my experience at a prop desk but would appreciate advice as to what route I should take. Specifically, I'm from the Bay Area in California and I'd appreciate any advice regarding where I should seek employment in the area given my background.

I've read hundreds of posts throughout the forum here regarding similar questions but none seemed to really apply to me so I decided to go ahead, introduce, and ask for myself. I know very few people in the industry at the moment and a word or two of advice now is extremely valuable to me. I look forward to hearing suggestions/recommendations on which steps I should consider next and engaging in dialogue with the familiar personalities I've already read some many responses from in other posts. Thank you.

KB

Back
Top Bottom