• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Having a really hard time getting internships

Hey guys! I am currently in my final year of Electrical Engineering and accepted an offer for Master's of Financial Mathematics! I have previous internship experience with Software Development and am very comfortable with C++ and Python. I guess it may just be the time at which I am applying to internships that may be the problem, but I wanted to wait until I got a Master's acceptance until I started applying, which was early march. Do you guys have any tips on breaking down the barrier? Or am I maybe looking at this the wrong way?

Thanks alot!

@QuantCoach @Igna may be able to give some pointer on the timing of internship application.
In the meantime, go read on their respective AMAs. There are plenty of valuable tips in there.
Would be good to indicate the type of internships you are looking for. We have a massive list of finance employers that you can look up.

@QuantCoach @Igna may be able to give some pointer on the timing of internship application.
In the meantime, go read on their respective AMAs. There are plenty of valuable tips in there.
Would be good to indicate the type of internships you are looking for. We have a massive list of finance employers that you can look up.
Thank you!!

Back