• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Help regarding this bachelor's program

Program Courses - IAQS
Can someone review the Bsc Actuarial Science and Quantitative finance course from the above mentioned website?
This program is very new but caught my eye few months back and am interested as well but I am confused as its new and placements are only in Insurance sector and am edged towards trading roles or quantitative finance?
If I do take this will I have chance to get into atleast decent MFEs?
Currently as I am trading FNO very frequently I hope to land up at Prop shops or trading desks at banks will it be possible through same? Thanks in advance

"actuarial" and "trading" are two words that would not be correlated at first sight. It's pretty clear, TBH.
More maths, more programming almost surely.

I really can't speak to the market for actuarial finance professionals. The tax treatment of payouts and the reliance or morbidity tables really sets the insurance industry apart, although I have seen a few firms that were derivatives shops masquerading as insurance companies. The markets for actuaries and quants are not orthogonal, but are far from collinear.

Back