• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Homework Submission

@APalley I used CodeBlocks for Levels 1-7 and recently transitioned to using Visual Studio. When I was using CodeBlocks, I didn't have .sln or .vcxproj files, so the only files I left were .cpp and .hpp files. This still worked. However, now that I'm using Visual Studio, I deleted everything but the .hpp and .cpp files, and it doesn't seem to be working. Why is there this discrepancy? Should I remake all of my projects now?

You need to keep the .sln file and all the .vcxproj files. In visual studio you need a project(.sln & .vcxproj) to run your code. I hope this makes sense. If you deleted your .sln file. You need to make new projects and copy and paste the code and it should be fine.

Just a follow-up question - I've remade the projects and kept all the .sln and .vcxproj files, so the only things I deleted were the debug folders (which contained several files in them). However, when I try to compress to zip file, I get a really large folder, on the order of 100,000KB. Did I forget to delete something? @APalley

Just a follow-up question - I've remade the projects and kept all the .sln and .vcxproj files, so the only things I deleted were the debug folders (which contained several files in them). However, when I try to compress to zip file, I get a really large folder, on the order of 100,000KB. Did I forget to delete something? @APalley
There are hidden files/folders as well that need to be deleted. See above and https://quantnet.com/threads/hw-size.44052/post-268848

Hello, @APalley,

I am using visual studio code, and I am wondering if I should include setting files like (launch.json, tasks.json) in my submission, or simply c & cpp files.

Thanks.
You should not.

Note that VS code is not VS

Back