• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How to choose Oxford MCF, Chicago MSFM, Columbia MFE and Cornell MFE

Lonely - Having worked in both countries (UK and US) I have to disagree with you somewhat in the case of the UK. My experience of working in say Brighton was that my office could have taught the UN a thing or two about people from different nations working together.

We had people from England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, India, South Africa, Spain, Canada, the US, Poland, Pakistan and South Africa in my department alone.

In another forum of China, there are three ADs from Cornell. I think they begin to review the application from China mainland. Bless us for Columbia!
I think it's unlikely that we could get waitlisted by Columbia but rejected by Cornell. I'm thinking they are delaying our admission because of someone slow on their side. It's possible a professor or admissions officer who was instructed to review our files hasn't made a final decision yet.

I think it's unlikely that we could get waitlisted by Columbia but rejected by Cornell. I'm thinking they are delaying our admission because of someone slow on their side. It's possible a professor or admissions officer who was instructed to review our files hasn't made a final decision yet.

Waiting does not feel good, but I have get used to it since December. Do not guess and let us just wait till April 1st. We will finally have our next destinations in graduate study. Could you please update me if you have any news, bronson?

Waiting does not feel good, but I have get used to it since December. Do not guess and let us just wait till April 1st. We will finally have our next destinations in graduate study. Could you please update me if you have any news, bronson?
I will certainly update you tonylich when Cornell decides to send me any further information. I didn't receive anything today either. I'm not sure if they sent out decisions today or not.

Hi tonylich,

our situations are almost the same, i got AD's from oxford, cornell and chicago but waitlisted by columbia. have u made up your mind yet? i am thinking of oxford but is highly concerned about UK's visa policy against international students.

Hey tonylich,
Cornell sent my admission information on Friday. Were you accepted as well?

Hi tonylich,

our situations are almost the same, i got AD's from oxford, cornell and chicago but waitlisted by columbia. have u made up your mind yet? i am thinking of oxford but is highly concerned about UK's visa policy against international students.
Actually, I think Ox is more prestigious. I do not think the Visa is a problem because we should have faith that job is not that hard to find.

Hey tonylich,
Cornell sent my admission information on Friday. Were you accepted as well?
Cong! Still no news, quite interesting and strange. It seems that every school prefer to give me the result in the deadline. I will wait!

Hello, I have also been admitted to Columbia and Oxford but I am still undecided. Have you finally all taken a decision?

FYI: In the USA, we "make" a decision. In some other English-speaking countries, people "take" a decision.
Best of luck, whichever decision you make or take!

Hello, I have also been admitted to Columbia and Oxford but I am still undecided. Have you finally all taken a decision?
I decide to go to Columbia. If u make up ur decision, update me! Good luck

Back