• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

How to create a project efficiently?

Recently I run into trouble when creating a new project, say, HW 3.4.2. In HW 3.4.2, I need all the source files and header files in HW 3.4.1. The way I do it is: create an empty object HW 3.4.2, create new empty source files and header files.
Then I open all the soure files and header files in HW 3.4.1, copy the code in each file, and paste them in the corresponding files in HW 3.4.2.
Then I need to name those pasted files in the same way as the HW 3.4.1, and move them into the project.
It is really tiring...
I have tried to copy those files in HW 3.4.1 and paste the files in the solution HW 3.4.2, but they don't show up in the folder HW 3.4.2; so I have to paste them in the HW 3.4.2 folder. But when I run it, strange errors may appear especially when there is virtual destructors.
How can I inherit project from a previous one?
Besides, when I accidentally create a project in the wrong place, can I simply move the project folder to another place and which icon shoud I click to get into the project?
Many thanks!!!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 2.png
    2.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 38
1) Create a new project
2) Copy/paste the existing files into the new project's folder in windows explorer
3) Add existing files in solution explorer

1) Create a new project
2) Copy/paste the existing files into the new project's folder in windows explorer
3) Add existing files in solution explorer
Hi,@APalley I might have generated all my projects in the wrong way. I finished all my exercises on this level by copying the entire project of the first exercise and changed some codes in it. And now I find out that although I can change the name of the "Microsoft Visual Studio Solution (.sln)", while I cannot change the name of the accompanying folder (which I am supposed to upload) and the .vcxproj in it are all in the wrong name. Are there any ways I can rename them? Or do I need to regenerate them to avoid losing points for this level? Thanks!

43cb97d7631f2ef28cf9e027565daf6.png
dbd29a5f78d0f14f89e175ce2ea286f.png

Hi,@APalley I might have generated all my projects in the wrong way. I finished all my exercises on this level by copying the entire project of the first exercise and changed some codes in it. And now I find out that although I can change the name of the "Microsoft Visual Studio Solution (.sln)", while I cannot change the name of the accompanying folder (which I am supposed to upload) and the .vcxproj in it are all in the wrong name. Are there any ways I can rename them? Or do I need to regenerate them to avoid losing points for this level? Thanks!

View attachment 30550View attachment 30551
May be easier to regenerate them.

Back