• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

I-20

Hi,

I received the form for I-20 request.Well it says that one has to show 30KUSD and project for next year.Since, MFE is around a 1 year programme , I am not really sure what I need to project.So can someone clarify what is the maximum amount I should show to be safe.

Thanks
Sach

There ya go Baruch College's Financial Engineering MS Program
  • Q: What is sufficient fund I have to show on my financial statements to obtain my I-20 from Baruch International Student Service?
  • A: As stated on their website, you will need to show available fund of at least $57,800. For more information, please see ISSC website

Thanks Andy.
Yes the site says that I need to document 57,800USD but the I-20 Form says I need to document 30KUSD and considering the tuition fees is 18kUSD, I am not really sure if I'll be indeed needing 58K. So you suggest I document 58k .Will there be a problem if I document in the vcinity of 30K?

To meet the requirements of I-20, you have to show that you have enough money to cover not only tuition but books, housing, food, etc...
30K is the estimate to cover 1 year. Since the program is longer than 1 year, they estimate it to be $57,800K. I believe they follow some guideline from INS to come up with that number. It's not a precise science so you just have to show you have that much money but you know it won't cost you that much to study at Baruch consider the tuition is only 18K.

If you show only $30K, then they won't issue you the I-20. I never know of any instance where they will go out and verify that you really have 58K in the bank. It's a cumbersome procedure but I never heard of anyone not able to come because of the i-20 issue.

From what I heard, you will spend a good part of your time dealing with people at ISSC. So you better get it done fast. They are not known for being as friendly or helpful as the folks in our dept.

By the way, I vaguely remember there are a few threads talking about dealing with people at ISSC last year. You can dig it up to see what's up.

Hi Sachin

Why dont you send an email to the Baruch MFE admissions and get the clarification..
I have too applied to Baruch, could you tell me how long did it take for you to get the admit after you applied ...

Thanks,
Pawan

Hi Pawan,

I applied arount end of Nov. And I came to know about my decision around last week of Jan.

Regards
Sachin

Back