• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

I am an undergraduate senior graduating in May and still do not have a job.

Hi,

I am an undergraduate senior with interest in finance (risk management, quantitative analysis, and structuring roles).

I have been very actively looking for jobs.. without much success.

I have had many final round interviews with banks, funds, fin techs firms, etc., but I have not had a job offer yet.

Now that I am graduating in four weeks, I am very anxious and cannot focus on studying.

Fortunately, I have a green card, so I do not have to leave the country after I graduate. Right now, I am based in NYC.

My family lives in Atlanta. It seems like the best choice for me is to stay in NYC (instead of going back to Atlanta), work part-time (at a restaurant, supermarket, or something), get a tiny room in Queens or some cheap area, and keep looking for full-time roles. What do you guys think? Going to grad school is not an option, because my family cannot support me financially and, in fact, I have to support them in a few years because my parents would not be able to work due to their physical conditions.

Does anyone have advice please??

Now that I am graduating in four weeks, I am very anxious and cannot focus on studying.

This kind of debilitating anxiety is counter-productive. Just shrug your shoulders stoically and concentrate on getting through the last exams. Then take it from there.

This kind of debilitating anxiety is counter-productive. Just shrug your shoulders stoically and concentrate on getting through the last exams. Then take it from there.

I know it is very counter-productive. But it is easier said than done to concentrate on school stuff...

Back