I'm I eligible for MFE?

• Thread starter Thread starter heyya
  • Start date Start date
I have a 3 year undergrad in commerce
I'm not from a mathematics/cs background
However I had accounting & financial management in my undergrad
Since most US universities don't accept a three year undergrad degree
I'm planning to do a master's in my home country first which will help me complete a 16 years education
If I do Msc mathematics in my home country & have a bachelor's degree in commerce will I be eligible for MFE in a good university in the US? Even if my bachelor's degree isn't a really quantitative one?

PS : I cab do a masters in mathematicsor economics or computer applications in my home country
Please suggest which will be good & maje me eligible for mfe

Have you check with the MFE programs to see if they explicitly state that 3-year bachelor is not eligible for admission?
If so, doing another master may not resolve the issue of not having a 4-year equivalence of a bachelor.
This sounds like something you would need to email each MFE program to inquire. Some may be more flexible than others so you never know.

If master is the way to go, a good math/stat or computer science/engineering is a good way. Make sure you have your programming skills are good to open other doors in case MFE does not pan out.

Ok
Thank you so much
I think that some of them require 16 yrs of education so a 3yr bachelor's+2 yr master/1yr any postgraduate diploma may do
I can either take a masters degree or a second bachelor's which is better?
NYU mentions that the applicant
must have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution and proven proficiency in:

• Linear Algebra
  • Probability Theory
  • Multivariable Calculus (Advanced)
  • Applied Statistics
  • Computer Programming
So i don't have the above in my current bachelor's l had maths for 1yr though.

Getting the above skills in a masters degree in my home country will do any harm? Since I don't have a bachelor's in this field
Is it necessary to get the above in a bachelor's or masters may do?

Back