• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Improving math profile before applying

I am applying to Financial Engineering/Mathematical Finance for Fall 2011.

My profile follows:
GRE: 1470 (800Q + 670VA)
TOEFL: 104

CFA level-1 pass

Work ex: One and a half years of experience working in a financial technology firm. Have worked on their OMS

Completed undergrad from Pune university, India in 2009.
Here i have covered almost all the prerequisites of mathematics.

But the problem is this:
My score in math subjects
Math1: 60
Math2: 50
Math3: 69
Math4: 73

The major reason for me pursuing this field is good exposure to trading and my love for mathematics, which cannot be portrayed by my marks.

I have been searching for some course that can change this. From all courses posted at QuantNet, I found only one course from NETMATH (intro to probability theory) that i found relevant. But i want to know, if it will be worth going for. Because it is a costly course, i want to make sure this is the right course that would make an impact.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Back