• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

International students loans

Hello everyone, I'm newbie here.
I'm going to apply for several MFE programs this fall, but obtaining funds for my education is my main concern now.
I'm an international applicant and it's difficult for me to get any loan in my home country.
So, I did some research and found out that only three universities can help me receive loan without a US co-signer: U Chicago, NYU and Stanford.

Is it true?
What universities can provide loans without a co-signer except for the above?

Thank you for your help, guys

Don't forget that if you are a strong applicant, a few schools can provide you scholarships.
I know CMU can.

If these loans do exist they are bound to be very limited in size and carry terrible penalties (i.e. a very high rate) due to the increased risk of someone leaving the country immediately afterward and never repaying the loan.

Please link to the above so we can read the fine prints together.

For NYU :

MBA Financial Aid | Types

International students without a co-signer:
Chase Select International Loan
JPMorgan Chase Bank makes the Chase Select International Loan available to eligible NYU students enrolled in various schools.

And here is for UChicago :

Graduate Student Loan and Work-Study Forms

Regarding Stanford, I think I made a mistake, because loans I mentioned are only eligible for GSB students.

But still, two is better than nothing.

If you are from India
Global Student Loan Corporation - international student loan, education loans for international students, no U.S. cosigner required, student loan program, student loan services

The Chase Selective Loan is available only for students of few schools that have agreement with Chase.

Maybe look into options that are within your price range and financial means? Programs in Asia, Europe?

I'm not from India, unfortunately...

Thank you for advice Andy.
I'll look into Europe programs...

Also, I hope Citi can restore Citi Assist program for International students without a co-signer, because it seems that US economy is slowly but improving...

Back