Internships as an Undergraduate

I am currently in my third year of undergrad studying financial modelling. This program is somewhat of a blend between applied math, stats and programming coursework as well as introducing finance concepts.

I am very interested in pursuing a career in quantitative finance (will be applying to MFE programs for grad school) and am looking for an internship this summer, however looking online I have noticed that many positions require pursuing a masters at the minimum. I was wondering what type of positions (if any) are out there in quant finance for undergraduates?

A lot of our members have obtained internships as undergrad doing relevant things. Big companies may have more applicants and they can filter by the degree but many smaller places are always looking for qualified candidates who can program and quantitatively inclined.
You should broaden your search. Don't focus too narrowly on a specific area. This is a good time to explore different products so you can spend your later years doing things you like.

Back