• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Interview with Bill Chen

An audio interview with Bill Chen, pro poker player and quant at Susquehanna International Group. He talks quite a bit about his workplace and his views on the connection between trading and (educated) gambling.

Two Plus Two Pokercast Browsing

(Starts at about 37 minutes).

http://www.phillymag.com/shopping_style/articles/beating_the_odds/

This link is a long and extremely interesting story of Jess Yass who was one of the founders of SIG. In it, they detail quite about about their thoughts on poker.

Also, Bill Chen wrote the bible for Limit Poker that is probably the most indepth and acedemic poker book ever written thus far. The game of HU LHE, and LHE in general is now very solved and "efficent" which is directly or indirectly due to this book.

Sorry for the random thread bump. Was just searching and came across this and wanted to post the link if it's not floating around here somewhere.

Interesting stuff. I played poker for a living to pay my way through college and I wonder if I should even bother to bring it up during an interview. Only reason I would think to is I know a handful of poker players back then who ended up in the financial area because of contacts they made through poker.

Back