• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Interviews

atreides

Graduate Student
Is it always a good idea to tell recruiters the other companies you're interviewing with? I just interviewed at BofA and the recruiter asked if I have any deadlines they need to be aware of. I told them, no deadlines at this point but I'm also interviewing at Company X and Company Y.

I believe so. I was told that recruiters do expect a good candidate to be interviewed by other banks too.

Well I don't know your situation but it's always good to mention you're intervieweing elsewhere. You should mention companies within the industry because otherwise it won't show your commitment. But if it is a quant position I guess it might not matter if you say tech companies...

Well I don't know your situation but it's always good to mention you're intervieweing elsewhere. You should mention companies within the industry because otherwise it won't show your commitment. But if it is a quant position I guess it might not matter if you say tech companies...

The double post was because when you hit "Post Reply" it took too long so you hit it twice ;) We have all done that and wish we could take it back. Means only one thing: Andy we gotta upgrade to a more powerful server! QuantNet's the next eBay! :)

The double post was because when you hit "Post Reply" it took too long so you hit it twice ;) We have all done that and wish we could take it back.
The ajax script may be slow sometimes. A new version of the forum will be out soon which should blow your hats off. Patience is a virtue ;)
Means only one thing: Andy we gotta upgrade to a more powerful server! QuantNet's the next eBay! :)
The server or rather servers we have are very powerful, thank you very much. We only use a fraction of its power. Did you see the site slows down the past few years when we have hundreds of members online at the same time.
C++:
root@webserver:~# uptime
20:19:56 up 40 days, 15:04,  3 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.17, 0.23
Now, I have a feeling that you will benefit the most if Quantnet becomes the next Ebay with all your computers buying/selling. Ha.

Now, I have a feeling that you will benefit the most if Quantnet becomes the next Ebay with all your computers buying/selling. Ha.
Haha! Yup. Just don't charge crazy commission like eBay/PayPal does.

Is it always a good idea to tell recruiters the other companies you're interviewing with? I just interviewed at BofA and the recruiter asked if I have any deadlines they need to be aware of. I told them, no deadlines at this point but I'm also interviewing at Company X and Company Y.
If it's internal recruiter, they are the standard practice for them to ask about the other firms/expected salary/etc. I have been asked that before.
If it's just any recruiter on the street, they may be fishing for more info on other hiring firms so they can push candidates there.

If it's internal recruiter, they are the standard practice for them to ask about the other firms/expected salary/etc. I have been asked that before.
If it's just any recruiter on the street, they may be fishing for more info on other hiring firms so they can push candidates there.

I was interviewed by an SVP, and I thought it was a good idea to tell him since he brought it up.

The roles are similar, Data Quant at the SF startup and Software Dev at BofA and the Seattle company

Back