• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Investment Banking Institute training?

Hello everyone,

I ran into a website called www.ibtraining.com as I was searching for programs to gain some job-specific skills. Apparantly, the "Investment Banking Institute" offers day-to-day banking skills needed for analysts and associates in IB, private equity, hedge funds, etc. Looks like a whole lot of modelling, valuation and financial statement anaylsis.

My question is whether anyone has heard of this program. Also, would taking such a course be of any significant benefit to a person who's just starting out in the industry? Lastly, are these skills of any use in a quantitative role?

To give you all a perspective, Im a grad student with no finance related work experience. Im looking into going into a quantitative role, but IB is also a big possibility .

Thank you.

Back