• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

IQ

Was wondering what sort of IQ people involved in such a quantitative field have

I know it's not an absolute indicator of intelligence or success but was just wondering

I think real intelligence lies in the power of association, e.g. a PC on every desktop.

When did either Einstein or Hawking ever take an IQ test? I think Hawking has said he doesn't know what his IQ is and that concern with IQ is for losers who have nothing else to show off about. I think Marilyn vos Savant has an IQ of 220 -- what good has that ever done her?

What good has that ever done her? Hmm, let's see:

Vos Savant was Chief Financial Officer of Jarvik Heart, Inc. She has served on the Board of Directors of the National Council on Economic Education, on the advisory boards of the National Association for Gifted Children and the National Women's History Museum,[4] and as a fellow of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry.[5] She was named by Toastmasters International as one of the "Five Outstanding Speakers of 1999", and in 2003 received an honorary Doctor of Letters from The College of New Jersey.

What good has that ever done her? Hmm, let's see:

Vos Savant was Chief Financial Officer of Jarvik Heart, Inc. She has served on the Board of Directors of the National Council on Economic Education, on the advisory boards of the National Association for Gifted Children and the National Women's History Museum,[4] and as a fellow of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry.[5] She was named by Toastmasters International as one of the "Five Outstanding Speakers of 1999", and in 2003 received an honoraryDoctor of Letters from The College of New Jersey.

These are all glorified admin jobs which anyone with half an IQ of 220 could do. In fact many of these appear to be honorary jobs.

Plenty of people with half that IQ work in finance. Whoop-de-doo. At least the ones of higher IQ are keepin' it real...

Back