• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is it okay to change the internship date on resume? Primary tabs View(active tab) Edit

Say I had an internship at an investment firm during the 2015 summer. Can I write it as 2016 summer on my resume? Will I get in a big trouble, if they find it out? How strictly to firms conduct background/experiences check?

it will be a career suicide if you do it. a well-thought activities done in the summer in lieu of the internship such as doing projects or volunteering will compensate. beside you have an internship in 2015.

Say I had an internship at an investment firm during the 2015 summer. Can I write it as 2016 summer on my resume? Will I get in a big trouble, if they find it out? How strictly to firms conduct background/experiences check?
Have you seen those sites like Wall Street Oasis or Business Insider or whatever that publish horror stories about interns? Yours will be one of their stories if you do it. It will make good comedy.

There are huge vetting checks done by firms now. DONT DO IT!

After you succeed at your interview, the company goes through a major (outsourced) checking procedure. They make sure your CV aligns, and ask for reasons behind any gaps longer than 6 months. In addition, they ask for references from any jobs you've done and any education. They'll contact every one of these and if your story doesn't align, I can't see them accepting any excuses. Its easier to look for someone else than have the risk of a liar working in their firm.

Banks have been fined Billions due to lying, fraudulently minded workers. They are doing there best to stop these people getting into their firms.

A good check is: what would your mother think?

Don't do it. They will find out and you will pay dearly for it. The background checks are done by experts (professional firms that do this full time) and they will verify every piece of information about your employment history.

Back