• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is it too lare to start a quant education next year?

Hello everyone, am writing from very far from USA)) , I just wanna ask you, a question and your thoughts. I have 24 already, I graduated from the FInacial Economics, My math backround is ok. do you think I is too late to star? or I can apply one of the top schools of MFE in usa?

I'm 30, just got my bachelor's in math and economics, and I'm starting an MFE program in a couple of weeks; I sure as hell hope 24 isn't too old! No MFE programs are going to discriminate against you because of your ripe old age of 24 years. If your heart is set on this career (or anything else) then go for it. At 24 you could get a second degree in mathematics/computer science/finance and still be younger than me when you're ready to apply to an MFE grad school. I hate to use a stupid cliche, but "30 is the new 20" and all... or so I'm told.

Thank you very much Caesar, I wanna apply this year, now I am prepairing to the CFA exam I dont know I need GRE as well or not! but your advice is really helpfull and hopefull to me)))

You definitely need to take the GRE. Take a look at the "tracker" to get an idea about the kind of scores you'll need.

Back