• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Rutgers FSRM Is Rutgers FSRM good ?

Which one is better ?

• Total voters
Hi everyone,

I got admitted to the Rutgers FSRM, I have read everything that was reported previously on the website regarding the program. I like the courses of the program and at the outset faculty does not look bad either.
Most of the alumini had good things to say about the program. However, I donot see any discussion about program that is recent.

1. Does anyone know if the program is evolving in the right direction ?

2.It costs 21000 $ per semester and was wondering if it justifies the cost relative to other programs ?

3.Also, Does Rutgers on the resume fetch interivews ?

4.How does it compare with Stevens MFE and NYU Tandon MFE?

i would greatly appreciate your response, Thanks

It's a ripoff including Stevens. Save the money...invest in good books/pick coding skills/ get an internship or something...work your way up and keep aiming for better schools. Persistence and patience are conquering virtues.

Thanks !! @Philip_Mitterrand
I read a post which mentions that many of the MFE's end up in data analytics or risk management. Therefore, would it not make sense to just concentrate on Financial statistics and Risk management?

Back