• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is the City closed for non-EU entry-level quants starting April 2011? - career advice

@Novak: If you're still into job search, try with these guys. It's not exactly quant work, but their development team is based in Paris, and seems to me they could put your knowledge to some good use.

@cgorac: thanks, man! at the moment i am finishing with writing my phd thesis i'm about to defend this summer, so that's the main focus for now. i am not in the job market yet, but planning ahead, it seems that i should forget about london unless i manage to get strongly recommended to someone. with us visa regime being at least as grim for the first quant job, options are getting slim, with paris being one of those.

btw, uk government has announced the start of the 'exceptional talent' tier 1 visa route for april 6th. the border agency web page contains an obscure 'not started yet' information. anyone has more info? is it really going to be impossible to get a visa that way?

Back