• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Is TransMarket Group a good shop?

Is there anything I should know about this company if I am considering an internship? Is it a good firm in terms of name recognition or career progression within? Compensation? Culture?

Get an acceptance first and then think about it. With the market rn any internship would be ok
What do you mean with the market right now? My impression was that many trading firms and market makers did really well post-covid with the spreads so wide

What do you mean with the market right now? My impression was that many trading firms and market makers did really well post-covid with the spreads so wide
Not as many other places are hiring so hiring is slow. No point in speculating if a place is good if you don’t get in. Quant interviews are tough and most of the time you end up going to places you didn’t think you were gonna be heading

Not as many other places are hiring so hiring is slow. No point in speculating if a place is good if you don’t get in. Quant interviews are tough and most of the time you end up going to places you didn’t think you were gonna be heading
one caveat is really try not to go into a dying firm with a bad reputation-it could really fuck up your career. there are sketchy companies out there

It's not the top shops in Chicago. Heard the culture is not great there but depends on what other options you have. I personal would take CTC/Akuna over TMG but just my 2c

Any way to tell which desks are the good ones? Worth reaching out to alum or is it a taboo question?

"Catered lunches, annual ski trip, great bonuses if ended up on one of three very profitable desks."

"New joiners experience luck of the draw if they get placed on one of the good desks"

Back