• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

John Hopkins MSE Financial Mathematics

hey,

i just got an offer from John Hopkins University MSE FM with 25% fee waiver.
Any opinion for the program (though i know it is new) that anyone can share with me is acceptable.
Even for Baltimore infos will be valuable.
My other option is Cass (City uk bus. sch.) MSc Mathematical Trading & Finance, and i still have no word of UCLA, Georgia State, GTech, Umich, Rutgers, BU, USC, FSU and i got waitlisted for Columbia MAMF.
Any opinion or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

cheers

Any new program -- no matter how strong the university and how good the teaching faculty -- is going to struggle to establish its credibility in a glutted market with established schools attempting to place their graduates. So in general don't even look at a new program. The 25% fee waiver is an acknowledgment on the part of Johns Hopkins of this weakness. I've heard some good things in passing about the Cass program but you should get more authoritative endorsements than mine.

From their website:

The first class entered to start in the Fall term of 2008.

The FM MSE program will be small. In 2008 we had 8 in the class.

As you can see, it will be hard to find information about this program on the web.

Here is a list of 7 students from that program. I wonder what happened to the 8th one...

Financial Mathematics Students

Try to contact each of them personally. This will be the best way to obtain info.

Back