• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

KCG Interview - what to prepare for?

I received an online python test from KCG for an s&t summer internship and haven't started yet. How much expertise are you expected to have in python?

Does anyone know what kinds of questions they ask if you get past the first round? Is it like Jane Street or DE Shaw?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Knight/GETCO is an HFT firm so you have to be exemplary in your programming ability. In terms of comparable firms I'd probably put Jump or maybe Hudson River - again, the very computer/programming focused ones. Good luck!

Thanks! Last interview before the summer. Feels like a long shot but fingers crossed...

It used to be that you could not prepare for a GETCO interview. Anything was fair game, they made up their own questions, and they made some effort to make sure to change them if other firms started using them or people started repeating them.

Reading Timothy Falcon Crack probably wouldn't hurt.

If you are interviewing as a developer, go back over algorithms and data structures.

It used to be that you could not prepare for a GETCO interview. Anything was fair game, they made up their own questions, and they made some effort to make sure to change them if other firms started using them or people started repeating them.

Reading Timothy Falcon Crack probably wouldn't hurt.

If you are interviewing as a developer, go back over algorithms and data structures.

Hi GoIllini,

Thanks for the heads up (here and at WSO!)

This is an issue I'm having--I'm not sure what role they're interviewing me for. I had applied to their job post for an S&T SA internship through my school but I'm a MSCS student. I talked to an undergrad who was accepted to the S&T SA and he said he only had behavioral questions. I doubt if that would apply to me... it's probably programming, algos, and data structure questions. They sent just a link to an online test and the email subject says "DO NOT REPLY"...

Back