• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Letters of Recommendation

Hey
I'm a communication systesm engineering student,Egyptian
and right now i'm about to start gathering my "letters of recommendation" from professors and faculty members.
Well there's one thing i need to know,If i'm applyin for MFE in the top 10 colleges,
Do I need to adress each college with a different letter of recommendation,or can I just get four letters of recommendation and send copies to the 10 colleges,with no specific college mentioned in those letters,just the field of financial engineering.
And do i have to send the original copy or can i just send a printed out copy?
Because if that is possible,it would be much easier to ask the each faculty member or institution to write me one letter stating that im qualified for studying Financial engineering.
Thank you

letters

In my opinion, generic letters are perfectly acceptable. I've written both - one glowing letter for an undergrad who aced my risk course that he can use anywhere and several school-specific letters for people applying to top business programs (NB: 2 got in at top 5 programs, 1 was rejected).

You may find yourself using the letter many years after you graduate, as I did, making a generic letter more useful.

My $0.02.

Back