• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Linking static libraries in VS2008

I'm sure this is a simple question, but I am having some issues linking to a static library in VS2008. The link errors that I'm getting are:

LIBCMTD.lib(dbgheap.obj) : error LNK2005: __CrtSetCheckCount already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __exit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __cexit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)
LIBCMTD.lib(crt0dat.obj) : error LNK2005: __amsg_exit already defined in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR90D.dll)

And there's plenty more where that came from. It seems like the complier is telling me I have multiple definitions between my library and default libraries, but I'm just not sure where to go from here. Can anyone shed some light on this? Much appreciated. :wall

I do. Specifically, I've tried linking to a project with a main() within the solution where I created my library. I've also tried creating a separate project away from the solution with the same result. I'm thinking there's something in the linker tab not configured right.

UPDATE-- It appears that the problem came from having a <vector> in one of my library files. Upon choosing to ignore the .lib file for vector in the file I was trying to build everything linked just fine. Perhaps someone out there more saavy than me can explain this better, but lessoned learned: BEWARE OF INCLUDING <VECTOR> IN STATIC LIBRARIES.

Great success!!

Back