• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE looking for advice fsu vs wpi

Hi everyone:
I am so glad to find this website. it really helps me a lot. I am a international student from China. I have got two admission from fsu & wpi and both of the program are MS in financial mathematics. I really want to get some advice from you, which one should I choose,regarding the job opportunity and the tuition. Thank you very much for helping me out. And bless for all of you.

WPI gets my vote considering their curriculum and location. Although FSU is good too, you would not have location advantage.

FYI>> WPI too does not have a great location advantage, although it is quite better than FSU's location because of it's approximity to Boston, NY etc.

thanks kbharadwaj,I found that the curriculums in wpi almost all are mathematics but the fsu focus on finance balance with mathematics . I want to know is it useful to learn some financial course for finding a good job in future。

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

somebody have other ideas,please share,thank you

You could pursue CFA level I. That would sure help you in your present and future. That should help.

Chartered Financial Analyst.. Yes it is indeed an exam. You can take that up before you start your program. Google it..

Back