• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Looking For Career Advice

Hello Everyone!

I have a BSc in Math/Statistics 3.0GPA graduated 2011.

Have become quite passionate about financial modelling and have been self teaching python, machine learning (completed Andrew Ng's infamous course) and now taking Financial Engineering 1 and 2 from Coursera.

Have also been following Kaggle competitions on predicting housing prices/sales forecasts/stock prediction/risk analysis using regression methods which is all very interesting.

Does anyone have any insights with the difference between CFA, MFE, masters program... my biggest concern is getting accepted to a masters due to the time gap and lack of references.

Last edited:
Been also following Kaggle competitions on predicting housing prices/sales forecasts/stock prediction/risk analysis using regression methods which is all very interesting.

Any good forecasts for house prices? Don't think Kaggle is needed for that one. TBH, regression you can learn in a few days.

Current resource material I've been working through is:

Back