• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

LSE MSc Financial Mathematics

Hi, I have been accepted to the MSc in Financial Mathematics at LSE, however, I don't know if this program is worth to work as a quant in Europe. I have seen that other masters like Imperial's MathFin or Oxford's MsMCF are more renowned for this, however, there are contrary opinions about LSE's one.

Do you think that, not having other offers, is it worth paying the £36k for the masters + the cost of living in london, to then work as a quant (be it researcher, analyst, developer, ...)?

Thanks!

I am already working in the industry but not in a bank/hedge fund which is my objetive, and I believe that a masters would be key in achieving it. Plus, I completed the bachelor in physics in Spain where there is almost zero quant industry so moving to London (or similar) would be quite difficult without a MSc/PhD.

I am already working in the industry but not in a bank/hedge fund which is my objetive, and I believe that a masters would be key in achieving it. Plus, I completed the bachelor in physics in Spain where there is almost zero quant industry so moving to London (or similar) would be quite difficult without a MSc/PhD.
Hi, are you from Spain?

Back