• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Macro Strategy career path

Hi thanks for this forum has been really helpful so far. I am looking to get long term into a Macro Strategy fund as an analyst but am not quite sure what steps to take going forward. I graduated with a bachelor from a target in physics, and work at a data provider since two years in New York. I progressed into a role where I get exposure to clients, helping them to price exotics, coding quant models etc. While this is interesting I am not sure if this is a path which can get me closer to my long term goal. I currently have an offer to join the Mfe program at Imperial in London or staying longer at my firm and do i.e a sponsored CQF. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

I would like to move to London and work in the city as my family lives there. This didn't apply in the US as I thought UK universities have better ties to UK companies

I don’t think that’s the case. You can easily get a job in the UK after an MFE from the US. The opposite might not be possible.

Plus, I didn’t think the career services are even comparable for the US and the UK universities.

But, the end goal is getting into the dream role. So I guess it’s a safe choice to pursue an MFE in London.

Good luck :)

Hi thanks for this forum has been really helpful so far. I am looking to get long term into a Macro Strategy fund as an analyst but am not quite sure what steps to take going forward. I graduated with a bachelor from a target in physics, and work at a data provider since two years in New York. I progressed into a role where I get exposure to clients, helping them to price exotics, coding quant models etc. While this is interesting I am not sure if this is a path which can get me closer to my long term goal. I currently have an offer to join the Mfe program at Imperial in London or staying longer at my firm and do i.e a sponsored CQF. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
If your goal is to work in London, absolutely it makes sense to do an MFE at a top program in London. Given you already have relevant quant-related experience and did your UG in the US, I think career services is not the component of programs you should be placing much emphasis on IMO.

Back