• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Masters in Financial Mathematics in Europe

akb

Hello

I am a finance professional currently based out of India. I wish to pursue a masters in financial math from a european school, preferably in UK. Based on my preliminary research notwithstanding Oxbridge, Warwick, Kings College London, LSE, Imperial, Cass, Ecole Polytechnique, Bocconi seem appealing. Not sure how the job market looks for students graduating from these institutes. Which one can be recomended? Or are there any apart from this? Especially considerin i am not a EU citizen and post graduation employer would have to sponsor a work visa.

I am more inclined towards UK as i have heard that language could be a barrier in landing a job in countries such as France.

To give you some background, i have a bachelor's degree in Physics and 4 years experience in some of the major investment banks. I currently work in risk but lately my role has been more to do with mundane reporting.

Any assistance ?

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Not sure if i am reposting something that has been in discussion in some other thread. If yes, my apologies. I am just looking to get some insights into the current job market for graduates of Fin Math/FE/QFin/Math Econ programs in Europe, especially from UK.

A lot of schools claim to have a good program, but very few are received well by IBs, which is what matters. So any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers

The last raking provided by Financial Times put MPI - The Master in Quantitative Finance offered by the italian university Politecnico of Milan - in the first 100 positions.

this is the website http://www.mip.polimi.it/go/Home/English

Since I'm actually attending the Politecnico, I can see a fast development of this program. I know it is not in UK, but Italy is a better country than UK, as regards the weather ;)
Just another opportunity =)

Back