• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Master's in Quant Finance in the US, profile evaluation

Hi,
I am an undergraduate student with a bachelor's degree in Mathematics (precisely BSc(Hons.) Mathematics from Delhi University). I want to study Mathematical finance in the USA. Although, I am very doubtful that if I will get selected to any college. My target colleges are: BU(MSMFT), NCSU, JHU, Fordham, Stony Brook, Stevens.
I don't have much background in computer programming, I am pretty good at MATLAB, through out college I have practiced all my work on it. I have some knowledge in R and Python. I completed two financial models on Excel (the VBA's are also, I feel, not so much at par). My GRE scores are pretty average, 313(164Q, 149V).
My scores in college has been great in my subjects, however, I am worried about one paper in Linear Algebra where I scored pretty low. One issue is that my degree would be of three years, I have contacted these colleges if it would be problem and they said it was ok.
I did an internship at the dept. of mathematics, for six months. Also, a summer internship at a marketing agency. I want to apply for next year, after my undergrad and just wanna get through somehow.
Any tips on how I can stand out is valuable. And is there any chance I will get selected in any of the programs above.

Back