• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Math Prerequisites

Hello all,

This coming Fall 2012 I will be taking a Calc II class. The following Spring 2013, I plan on taking a Probability and a Linear Algebra course to full fill the general math requirements (for Baruch/NYU Poly). I will also be taking my GRE's in the Fall/Spring time frame and hope to have everything done to apply to a NYC area program. Does anyone know if you must have already completed your perquisites, before you can apply?

If not, I guess I could take the Baruch Pre-MFE Program and guide my new Math knowledge towards Financial environments.

*I currently work and live in Manhattan, and work in IT in for a Financial Services company.

Thank you

Hello all,

This coming Fall 2012 I will be taking a Calc II class. The following Spring 2013, I plan on taking a Probability and a Linear Algebra course to full fill the general math requirements (for Baruch/NYU Poly). I will also be taking my GRE's in the Fall/Spring time frame and hope to have everything done to apply to a NYC area program. Does anyone know if you must have already completed your perquisites, before you can apply?

If not, I guess I could take the Baruch Pre-MFE Program and guide my new Math knowledge towards Financial environments.

*I currently work and live in Manhattan, and work in IT in for a Financial Services company.

Thank you
remember that it is even competitive to take the pre-mfe courses at baruch I heard.. i never took any myself... but you should ask around

Understood, I already reached out to Baruch MFE Admissions for what courses (course #'s offered from Baruch) to take. Since Baruch is extremely affordable and one of my target programs, I will be taking my Math prerequisites at Baruch. This may help my cause? Not sure, but my main focus is to improve my Math and prep to demolish the GRE's (primary the Quant portion).

Back