• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Mathematical Methods for the Physical Sciences -PDEs?

roni

Cornell FE
Hello guys,

There is this class named "Mathematical Methods for the Physical Sciences" which is offered in NYC during fall 2010 and I want to take it.
I know that some programs started requiring to take PDEs...
What bothers me is the name of the course... it doesn't say that it's a PDE class.
Will the reviewers of my transcript understand that it is a PDE course?

the thing is that it is a PDE course, here is the description:

"The course will concentrate on the solution of linear partial differential equations and boundary value problems. Solution techniques such as separation of variables, Fourier series, Green's functions, and Laplace transforms will be covered. These will be applied to several equations which occur in physical applications such as the heat equation, the Laplace equation, and the wave equation."

Should I take this course or get a course that is explicitly say PDEs ?

Back