Mathematics before MFE Program

Hi,

I have a question regarding preparing mathematics before going to MFE in this fall. It has been long when I used or solved mathematical problem. My mathematics used to be very good and I am sure I can revise it pretty quickly. But one think, I would like to ask, whether should I revise engineering mathematics again or there are some particular topics which I should focus upon? Please let me know if you can name any book which I can use for revising all my concepts and preparing well for MFE

Thanks

But one think, I would like to ask, whether should I revise engineering mathematics again or there are some particular topics which I should focus upon? Please let me know if you can name any book which I can use for revising all my concepts and preparing well for MFE

From the QuantNet master reading list

GOOD BOOKS TO READ BEFORE STARTING MFE PROGRAM

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Many of these books assume a certain mathematical level, usually implicitly stated.

Especially stochastics.

Many of these books assume a certain mathematical level, usually implicitly stated.

Especially stochastics.
...but not all. The first 100 pages of Figlewski provide the best intuitive description of option pricing I've ever seen. Indeed, it's what gave me the "aha!" moment 20-odd years ago.

I have been recommending it to students for years, particularly to to ones who have the pure math but not necessarily the institutional context.

...but not all. The first 100 pages of Figlewski provide the best intuitive description of option pricing I've ever seen. Indeed, it's what gave me the "aha!" moment 20-odd years ago.

I have been recommending it to students for years, particularly to to ones who have the pure math but not necessarily the institutional context.
What a bargain! It can be had for a couple of bucks on Amazon.
I added the book to the master reading list. Thanks Ken.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Thanks a lot Ken! I am buying this book for sure!

I am going to order it.

Ideally, IMO a book should take the finance to maths to code to examples. This helps enormously.

Back