• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MBA after undergrad

FedericoM

Fred
I am currently an undergraduate student in Mathematical Engineering.
If my aim was working in Investment Banking, would you suggest me to look for the most interesting internship positions in major banks and apply for an MBA AFTER SOME YEARS of direct experience, or would you instead suggest to get into an MBA program just after BSc?

In this last scenario, how many opportunities does an undergraduate (NOT US) student have to get into a TOP US MBA program (like Wharton or Duke)?

Thank you.

I know the majority of MBA programs admit mostly people who have work experience of like 2 or 3 years minimum. Occasionally, they will take a couple younger people straight out of undergrad, but those people still tend to already have work experience they obtained during their undergraduate studies.

Ok. So, what would you do? Going ahead and study or make an MBA application?

I would look for internships. You could still apply to a few MBA programs, but I honestly wouldn't an acceptance letter unless you are lucky and have a stellar background.

Back