• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MBA Graduate Seeking FE Advice

As an MBA graduate with 5 years of technology consulting experience and 2 years of experience working in a derivatives operations group (at a large bank), what is the best alternative to entering into a FE career without obtaining another degree? For example, is a FE certificate program a possibility? Any recommendations?

NYU has a FE certificate program. You can also attend the program part-time, perhaps cherry-picking the classes you want (if you clear it with the powers that be).

The question is: what do you want from the degree?

Thank you for your response. To answer your question...I want to be able to move my career path further into the FE arena and AWAY from operations (back office)....without obtaining a degree... as I do not have the capacity for another masters degree with 2 young babies.

It's going to be really hard. Could you try to get a position in your current company?

Internal moves are far more difficult than external recruiting, as far as I see. Already been told by two friends that they screw with the current manager and get stuck where they are even get offers from their ideal/dream positions.

Maggie, internal moves are far easier than external moves. However, if your friends screw up with their manager, that's their own fault.

BTW, odds are your two friends will screw up again.

:) Maybe, Alain. One found out tha she was pregnant when got the offer, then she postpone, then screwd. Not sure about the other one. But I do see people moving around different positions here. :)

Online FE Cert Programs?

Is anyone aware of any good online or distance learingin FE cert programs?

Back