• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MFE applicant Profile

So, do I have a shot at a top 10 like baruch?

My finance professor thinks its unrealistic, but I want a few more opinions

4th year undergrad
finishing B.A Math, B.A Econ University of Florida with a minor in actuarial science
3.68 GPA

I've taken Linear Algebra, Probability, Stochastic Processes, statistical theory, advanced calculus, 2 semesters of differential equations, interest theory, an applied regression course, 3 semesters of calculus, and a graduate level econometric methods course. Soon to take PDEs, Numerical Analysis, and another econometrics methods course.

Have yet to take the GRE, but I'm confident I can at least get a 760-800 quant score, judging from practice tests i have taken. Not sure about verbal, but I am not a bad writer.

My professor implies (and I am also concerned) that I do not have enough exposure to programming (outside of statistical packages) and exposure to stochastic differential equations and stochastic partial differential equations. Those are both graduate courses at my school, and I would basically need a master's degree in applied math just to take them.

Back